Thursday, September 30, 2010

Diary of a POW

28 January 1939, 7.00p.m

The Japanese soldiers tortured me. The burning pain on my skin, the strokes of torture. They whacked me with a whip, again and again. They smirked in satisfaction and mocked me. Even though I was angry, but I was too weak and vulnerable to do anything. After those horrible minutes, they threw me back into the cold and dark room.

I was lonely, I wanted to have someone to talk to. I missed my wife and children dearly. The loneliness felt like despair. The room was so damp that it stinks. The horrible odour filled the room, or what I call, hell. I was locked up for 28 days, surviving with only porridge and dirty water. I was incredibly weak, I felt that I am fortunate to survive till this day. The war was not ending, I will not be free.

All I could do was pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment